When you interview web developers, you mostly want to test their knowledge about HTML5, and CSS3. To make things easier for you, we have compiled a list of common web developer interview questions that you need to ask every candidate.
1. What Are the New Form Elements Introduced in HTML5?
The new form elements available in HTML5 are
· <output> – defines the result of expression
· <keygen>- the tag generates an encryption key
· <datalist>- specifies a list of options for input controls
Only a candidate who keeps himself/herself updated would know about the recent changes made to HTML5. If the candidate is not able to answer such a simple question, it is a red flag.
2. What Are the Different Elements Added for Media Content?
Here is the list of elements added for Media content
· <audio>- specifies sound content
· <video> links to a video
· <source>- tag specified to indicate the source for audio and video links
· <embed>- act as a container for external applications
· <track>- defines a track for audio and video
3. What Is CORS and How Does It Work?
It is one of the important web developer interview questions that test the depth of knowledge candidate has about XML. CORS is short for Cross-Origin Resource Sharing. It is a mechanism that allows access to external resources on a webpage from other domain. CORS uses XMLHttpRequest object to exchange data with a web server behind the scenes.
XMLHttpRequest is an important element in web developer programming which helps in reducing page load time. One of the advantages of XMLHttpRequest is it is possible to update specific parts of a webpage without reloading the entire webpage.
4. What Is SVG and Why You Use It?
SVG stands for Scalable Vector Graphics. It is based on XML and used to display graphics on the Internet and other environments. Some of the advantages of using SVG are
· All attributes and elements of SVG support animation
· SVG graphics are of higher quality and do not lose quality even when resized
Since web development work involves working with text and graphics, the candidate should know these important web development elements.
5. What Is a Canvas and What Is Its Default Border Size?
6. Explain the Difference Between SessionStorage and LocalStorage Objects
· The <sessionstorage> keeps the data only for a single session whereas the data stored in the <localstorage> object has no expiry date.
· The<sessionstorage> object clears the data in the object after you close the browser window whereas <localstorage> data does not have a provision of clearing the data with the closing of the browser window.
The above web developer interview questions will help you get a clear understanding of knowledge the candidates have about CSS3 and HTML5 languages.
VitaminTalent is a staffing and recruiting firm helping companies finding the right creative talents such as web developers, UX/UI designers, graphic designers, print & production designers, presentation designers, front end developers in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, and Chicago. For more information, visit vitamintalent.com/what-we-do.