AP ICET is popularly known as the Andhra Pradesh Integrated Common Entrance Test which is conducted for admitting the students in various technology universities and the affiliated colleges in the best courses available. It is mainly for the courses such as MBA and MCA. The examination is conducted by Andhra University on the behalf of APSCHE, Hyderabad. The better ranks will help the customers in getting admissions to the best professional courses.
The eligibility criteria must be fulfilled in order to appear for the examination. The students should go through the previous year papers in order to clear the examination. The official portal contains all the information regarding the examination.
The notifications will be released in the 2nd week of February 2018. The submission of the online application form will be in the 3rd week of February 2018. The last date to submit the application fee without any late fee will be in the 4th week of March 2018. The admit card for AP ICET Exam 2018 will be available in the Last week of April 2018. The Commencement of Exam might be in the 2nd week of May 2018.
- The candidates should have completed their graduation (10+2+3) with mathematics as one of the subjects till 10+2 (For MCA).
- The candidates must have secured at least 50% marks (general category) and 45% marks (reserved categories) in their final examination.
- The Candidates must be Indian nationals and should also fulfill the local/non-local status criteria laid down by the Andhra Pradesh Educational Institutions (Regulations of Admission) Order (as 85% of seats are reserved for local candidates). The candidate must hold the state domicile of Andhra Pradesh. It is also essential for the students to obtain a Diploma in B.Tech/ Pharmacy from the State Board of Technical Education of Andhra Pradesh State. The students in their final year of graduation or degree or diploma are also eligible to apply. The students should be the one of Indian nationality.
For the engineering courses, the qualification criteria is as follows –
- The Candidate should hold the minimum 3 years of Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or institution.
- The Candidate are required to secure at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved categories) in aggregate for qualifying the examination.
- The candidates must have qualified the 10+2 with Mathematics subject.
For MBA courses, the eligibility criteria is as follows-
- The candidate must pass the 3 years of Bachelor Degree from any recognized university.
- The Candidate must obtain at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved categories) in order to be eligible for the examination.
- The online application fee is 250INR and it can be paid through AP Online Centres/Citizen Service Centers, e-Seva Centres in AP.
How to Apply
The first step is to apply online by filling in all the essential details, qualifications and personal information accurately. The aspirants must visit the official website to register for the examination. The candidates must register using a valid e-mail id and mobile number.
The documents should be uploaded as per the specifications mentioned in the advertisement of the examination. The application fee needs to be submitted after reviewing the application form.
The payment can be made either through the debit cards or credit cards or net banking facilities o even offline at the designated centers specified in the instructions. There is a window period in which the candidates are allowed to make any changes in the application form in case of any wrong information.
The admit cards will also be available at the official portal. The candidates who are selected in the examination will have to appear for the online counseling.
The examination is divided into various sections such as Analytic Ability, Mathematical Ability and Communication Ability. The Analytic Ability and Mathematical Ability sections have 75 questions each. The Communication Ability section has 50 questions.
There are around 20 questions from the topic of data proficiency, 55 questions from the problem solving section and 35 questions from the arithmetic ability topic. In the mathematics ability section, the arithmetic ability topic will comprise of 35 questions, algebra and geometric ability will comprise of 30 questions, and statistical ability will consist of 10 questions.
In the communication ability section, the vocabulary topic will cover ten questions, business and communication technology will cover 10 questions, functional grammar will comprise of 15 questions and reading comprehension will also comprise of 15 questions.
The examination is conducted in the offline mode in around more than 17 cities throughout Andhra Pradesh. In order to qualify the examination, the candidates of general category need to score 25% (i.e. 50 marks out of 200), however there is no minimum score qualification required for the reserved category candidates. It is a pen and paper based examination. The question paper will be of 200 marks.